Sunday 25 December 2011

North Easterners not respected in Delhi.Rational?



Being exposed to print media hardened me, enough to make a pro-North East activist out of me. The infamous “chinkies” tag associated with the North Easterners reached my ears before I reached Delhi, making it all the more easy and logical for me to brand the Indians ‘racists’. While the contravention cannot be justified, credibility lies in looking over the other side of the hedge. Coming to Delhi enabled me to decipher the “made to believe” one-sided argument.


Never been good at it, but let me try to reconstruct the event.
Apparently, it started as a Christmas Eve “get-together”, with a little modification though, Bible out, liquor in.  And with alcamahol rapidly finding its way into their breadbaskets, floodgates of insanity were thrown open and it was just going to be a matter of time before mayhem overran them.  


It was 3:30 in the morning, 25th December when the “fun” actually began. All I could hear was ‘’WHAT THE HELL” and “FUCK”. Curiosity got the better of me, making me master the cold, and what I saw knocked the breath out of me. Naga women screaming, and hurling abuses at one another, men unsuccessfully trying to conclude peace, rampant Nagamese being flung at one another. As I shamefully studied the surroundings, all I saw was sea of faces hooked on to the scene from their balconies. If I were to raise a tower with words, “FUCK” alone would have easily challenged the Tower of Babel. Were they seriously fucked up that they literally fucked Nagaland on the street of Delhi?


I am talking about the incident that occurred at a locality mostly inhabited by IAS aspirants, a place where more than half of the Indian states find their representations. Previously, I had tried to understand the reason for the attitude of the Indians towards the North Easterners. A reply from a friend from Uttar Pradesh disarmed me against any good comeback. Co-habitation or the infamous “live-in relationship” which is prevalent among the North Easterners(in Delhi) is seen by the others as being inherent in our very society. 


However the most humiliating part of the already humiliating assembly of boorish Nagas, was the “MERRY CHRISTMAS” wish, as they departed. It would be more reasonable to say the sun revolves round the earth than to explain the true meaning of Christmas to the hundreds of Indians who, by now, will have heard of the “Christmas” of the Christians.

For the record, even if no Nagamese was spoken, any Naga would know they were Nagas.


Come what may, we are never letting our accent go, are we?...HAHAHA...

4 comments:

  1. Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.
    Toyota Tercel AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome.
    just want to expose reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not that others dont party and have fun, but we Nagas over do most of the time and makes an a$$ of ourselves ...

    Nice article. Like it.

    Regards,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks jim...
    it happened right below the apartment I live in..it was embarrassing

    ReplyDelete