Sunday 11 December 2011

Life-A mystery and its beauty.

Reminiscence



Today is 31st March 2011, exams just got over and I am leaving the campus tomorrow. I am seated in my room with all those thoughts hovering over me. I have so many things to do, so many people to meet and bid farewell to, so many friends to visit to, and all I’ve got is just one day. I am still seated in my room, pushing myself to get going, promising myself that “I’ll make every minute count today”.
I am out of my room and the more I meet people and talk with them, the more I am reminded of the inevitable. I am overwhelmed by my “last minute” engagements. I cannot devote enough time to one place since I have so many other “engagements” I can’t afford to miss.

In the midst of all these hustle is when I realized “the BEAUTY of life's mystery”. I always knew that life is a mystery but never realized the beauty of it. That is one beautiful lesson that God taught me that day. The very realization that “I’ll be leaving tomorrow” filled my day with gloom and sadness. The truth dawned on me that the very reason for me enjoying my stay in Science College was basically because I did not know the day of my departure. We enjoy the lives we are living now, filled with laughter, fun, celebrations, and tears. If we were to know the day of our death, our lives would be monotonous, with no variety. Every human being would be busy in his own endeavors and the meaning of 'laughter' would be lost and one would be least bothered to know what it means to have a society.
Life is a mystery and that’s the beauty of it. I am so thankful to God that I do not know when I am leaving for my heavenly home.
In the words of Kahlil Gibran

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation”. 


No comments:

Post a Comment